As an employer, the Defiance Public Library System offers an attractive work atmosphere with access to thousands of library materials and will occasionally be looking to fill vacant positions. Watch this space, the Library's Facebook page and local newspapers for postings regarding open positions.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES CAN BE FOUND HERE
DPLS Employee Benefits
The Defiance Public Library System offers more than a paycheck. We offer an attractive benefits package that is dependent upon your position classification and the number of hours worked per week.
Regular full-time and part-time employees are eligible for the following:
Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee contributory supplemental retirement investment on a payroll deduction basis
- Direct payroll deductions available
- Eight and a half annual paid holidays
Insurance (Full Time employees)
- Hospital, and major medical
- Prescription drug
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 50% of basic membership fee for the Ohio Library Council
- 8 hours of sick leave earned per month for full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Sick leave bank
- 10-20 vacation days annually depending on length of service and professional status
- 3 personal days annually
In addition to the above-listed benefits, the following are available to all employees:
Direct Deposit of Payroll Checks
- Direct deposit available for standard bank accounts
- Multiple training opportunities
- Job shadowing
- Annual paid staff training day
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
- Contributions equal to 14% of each employee's salary are paid to OPERS by the Library.
- Unemployment insurance at no cost to library employees
- Payment for medical and/or lost wages through the Bureau of Workers Compensation
Thank you for your interest in the Defiance Public Library System!