1. WHAT IF I CAN'T PICK UP MY HOLDS BEFORE THE LIBRARY CLOSES?
Please contact us. We are working on getting your holds to you.
2. WHAT DO I DO WITH MY MATERIALS THAT ARE DUE WHILE THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED?
Just keep them! Return your materials after we open again - you do not need to renew online. Fines will not be accrued while the library is closed.
3. CAN I STILL BORROW ELECTRONIC MATERIALS?
Yes! Our entire online eMedia collection including eBooks, audiobooks and streaming movies, music and television shows will still be available for use with your Library card. If you don't have a Library card, sign up for one today and get instant access to these materials! We also have numerous research tools and great digital historical collections that you can access.
4. HOW LONG WILL THE LIBRARY BE CLOSED?
At this point we are unsure, but our Leadership team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates here and on social media as they become available.
5. HOW WILL THE LIBRARY ENSURE RETURNED BOOKS AND MATERIALS ARE SAFE TO BE REDISTRIBUTED SHOULD SOMEONE BORROWING MATERIALS BE DIAGNOSED WITH CORONAVIRUS?
The Library is currently reviewing potential measures. According to the CDC, it may be possible that a person can get coronavirus by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. We will take every precaution to keep all materials and surfaces safe when the Library opens again.