What Are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Library is a non-profit group formed to sponsor library programs and support services and technologies. Some of the activities of the Friends of the Library are:
- Fundraising for capital projects or operating funds
- Arranging events from booksales to donor campaigns
- Assisting the library in obtaining grants
- Providing assistance for special projects at the library
- Telling the community about the library and its services
- Acting as a liaison between the library and community groups
- Assisting the library board in lobbying for support
The Defiance Public Library System is fortunate to have a Friends of the Library group supporting each of its locations. Visit these sites to see how each group is actively advocating the library in their communities. Become a Friend today!
Friends of the Johnson Memorial Library
Friends of the Sherwood Branch Library